Final Advanced Materials provides high temperature Alumina Al2O3 sintered ceramics. We can provide rods, plates or machine parts according to your drawings.
Sintered ceramic presentation
Aluminium oxide (Al2O3) is the most important technical sintered oxide ceramic material and has the widest range of applications. Densely sintered aluminium oxide is characterised by :
- High strength and hardness
- Temperature stability
- High wear resistance and corrosion resistance even at high temperatures
These synthetically manufactured materials with aluminium oxide contents ranging from 80 % to more than 99 %, have been proven in practice. The choice of this material is determined by technical and economic criteria. A material with higher aluminium oxide content does not necessarily fulfil the needs of an application best.
Aluminium oxide materials satisfy all the requirements of insulation materials for applications in electrical engineering. Values for bending strength and for resistance to wear and to high temperatures suit the material to mechanical applications.
Sintered ceramic applications
Due to their good price/performance ratio and their generally useful properties, aluminium oxide ceramics are used in :
- The sanitary industry as a sealing element
- Electrical engineering as insulation
- Electronics as a substrate
- Machine and plant construction as wear protection (wear-resistant material)
- Chemical industry as corrosion protection (corrosion-resistant material, highly resistant to vapours, melting
- Protective tube for thermocouples used for high temperature measurements
- High temperature applications as a burner nozzle or as a support tube for heat conductors
Please fill free to contact us to discover our range of sintered technical ceramics.