- Custom made crucible- Powder drying in an argon kiln- Temperature up to 2300°C- No powder pollution
Machinable graphite selection :- Up to 2500°C in inert atmosphere- Purified graphite, 5 PPM
- Machinable with standrad tool- Isostatic graphite, particle size < 0,01 mm, for complex geometry and fine machining
- Need a fire barrier for on-board electronics protection.
- The technical solution must be as light as possible.
- Precision assembly +/- 1 mm.
- Choice of the making of an isollation matress achieving a good fire barrier and dividing by 10 the weight of the previous assembly.
- Customized definition of the mattress according to the constraints.
Cutting, assembly and sewing:
- ZETEX silicone fiber fabric
- Garnishing of high temperature fiber web
- Sewing with Kevlar thread
Optimization of a casting nozzle of molten metal :
- Choice of the most suitable sintered ceramic- Definition of the geometry according to the constraints of the ceramic pieces
Sintered ceramic, porous zirconium oxide :
- Chemically insensitive to molten metal- Use at very high temperature- Resistance to abrasion and violent thermal shocks
- Preform isostatically pressed- Machining of the green part- Sintering- Diamond tool machining- Cracks control on the sintered part
Insulating parts machining :- 700°C- Radiation- Mechanical stress- Electrical insulation
Macor vitro ceramic :- Constant qulity- 800°C continuous, 1000°C Max- Electrical insulating- Nuclear compatible
- Macor is suitable for prototypes and small series- Low cost, machinable with standard tools- Can be machined in complicated and fine geometries
- Part for a thermal treatment at 1200°C in a oxidising atmosphere laboratory kiln- Big dimensions : Ø 150 mm x H. 300 mm
- Dimensions too big to be able to machine from boards without bonding- Preform with the COTRONICS Rescor 740 ceramic cement- Machining to obtain the exact geometry (tolerances +/- 0,2 mm)
- Reusable PVC mold- COTRONICS 102MR mold release- COTRONICS Rescor 740 molding- Removal for the mold- Machining
- Thermal protection for an exhaust system on an army boat- Should be easy to use and adjustable for fast repair
- ZETEX 400RW can be used up to 600°C, with cement to form a rigid shell- ZETEX 400RW available in roll, no making an very few tools
- ZETEX 400RW cutting- Wet the product- Put the product on the exhaust system- ZETEX 400RW cure in 24h and make a rigid shell
- Thermal and insulating protection for a spool on a missile- Need of an aeronautic validated process
3 materials involved:- Calcium silicate core machining- COTRONICS cement over molding- COTRONICS epoxy sealing
- Material follow up and control block for the calcium silicate machining- COTRONICS cement degassing and application procedure- COTRONICS epoxy baking and sealing procedure